Volunteers are a vital part of Furry Friends!
We simply can’t do what we do without our volunteer team members. Our animals and organization welcome and appreciate the donation of your valuable time and talent to help our dogs and cats while they await their forever homes.
As a Furry Friends volunteer, you may participate with our organization in so many ways:
- Bring a Furry Friend to adoption and special events (e.g. community events, collection drives, fundraisers, etc.)
- Walk dogs, interact with cats, assist our adoption desk and help us put our best face forward to visitors at both our Jupiter Adoption Center and Palm City Ranch.
- Accept donations, organize merchandise, provide customer service and more at our Thrift Boutique
Orientations are held twice each month. To become a Furry Friends Volunteer, please select either the Adult (18+) or Teen (14-17) volunteer application button below.
- All volunteer candidates 18 years and older
- A donation of $25 will be required to cover costs like the uniform shirt and name badge
- Teens must be at least 16 years old and older, to become a Furry Friends Volunteer.
- Teens 16 years of age and older, can volunteer independently but must have a parent/guardian accompany them to the orientation.
- A donation of $25 will be required to cover the cost of the uniform shirt and name badge.
IMPORTANT POLICY: Due to an influx of no shows, all teens must pay in person prior to coming to their scheduled orientation.
Under 16, but need hours and still want to volunteer? We have plenty of other ways for you to get your school hours with us! Please let us know if you would be interested in any of the following:
- Distribute materials for us to local shops, stores, and feed stores
- Fundraise for us ( this can be anything… lemonade stand, peer-to-peer fundraiser, car wash, etc.)
- Make us enrichment toys from your home (we supply the tools)
- Do a pet food drive for us
- Be a social ambassador! Repost/ Or create social media content for us. By becoming a virtual advocate, you help spread the world to a larger audience right from the comfort of our phone.
- Foster for us. Did you know you get 3 hours of community service each day you foster?
- Start a club at your school! Teach your peers about our mission and animal rescue
- Photograph or video events for us. We always need content.
- Become a “virtual foster” for us .Looking for a way to get involved, but don’t have the time or space to foster an animal? We have a perfect solution…Become a Virtual Foster! A virtual foster is a volunteer that selects and adult animal (cat or dog) to promote. Virtual fosters come by the shelter at least once a week during business hours and spend a little time getting to know the animal of their choosing. We ask that you write a cute bio for your foster to help them get adopted. We also ask that virtual fosters take a couple of cute pictures and/or videos of their furry new friend to share with the world. If potential adopters have questions about your virtual foster we will forward inquiries to you via email.
- Use talents and skills from home to help us. What are your skills? We currently would love a TikTok star!
We truly hope this helps you out just as much as it would help us out! Please log and keep track of your hours, and once completed, schedule a time to come in for them to be signed off on. For any questions, please contact Meagan Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org